Dan is working hard to minimize the negative impact on air pollution as a result of direct emissions arising from Dan’s fleet.
Dan buses. Below are some of the activities to prevent air pollution:
- preventive maintenance of the bus fleet.
- Planning and managing traffic so that older buses models will perform the shortest distances as possible.
- equipping new buses fastest possible.
- Installation of additional equipment to reduce emissions of pollutants such as: particulate trapping and oxidizing converter, onto the buses.
- Activities for giving priority to buses on the road in order to improve travel conditions (and level of service) and reduce pollutant emissions.
- Air pollution testing for compliance with emission standards twice a year per bus.
- The few buses which fail the tests are taken off the road immediately until the problem is solved.