"Rav-Kav" card FAQ
What is a "Rav-Kav" card?
Answer: Answer to this question can be found on the general information page on the "Rav-Kav" in this website.
Where are there stands to issue "Rav-Kav" cards?
Answer: The full list of stands appears on the issuance and service clients stations of the "Rav-Kav" on this site.
Which documents should I take when issuing a personal "Rav-Kav" card?
- ID card or a passport.
- Fill out the application form for the issuance of a "Rav-Kav" card.
• Entitled to a discount - bring approvals for eligibility: Students - valid student card+ confirmation from the educational institutions; Senior Citizen - ID; Youth - ID of the parent including appendix that lists the child; the right to Social Security entitled - confirmation of eligibility.
How to load in the "Rav-Kav" ticket?
Answer: You can load the card by the drivers or at one of the service stations open to the general public or on this site.
What is faulty card? What do you do in this case?
Answer: Faulty card is a card that the ticketing machine can't read the information in it. The passenger should show the driver the reception he received from the driver in the purchase of the payment method.
After the trip the passenger will go to a customer service position where the ticket will be checked and replaced if necessary.
What is an anonymous card?
Answer: Anonymous card is a card that can be purchased from a bus driver for 5 NIS. The anonymous card holder is not insured and therefore in case of loss or malfunction of the card he will not be able to recover the data on the card. The card holder will have to issue a new card.
What happened on 1/2/10?
Answer: From the 1/2/10 a free monthly paper card cannot be used. Monthly free cards are bought only using the "Rav-Kav" card. In order to get a "Rav-Kav" card you should go to a Rav-Kav" issuance stations
and issue the card.
Now issuance is free.
What happened at the 1/3/10?
Answer: From the 01/03/10 you couldn't buy any more paper tabs. Using tabs
is done only by the "Rav-Kav" cards. To receive the card you should go to the "Rav-Kav" issuance stands and issue the card.
Now the issue is free.
What is a contract?
Answer: Contract is a trip package!
A "Rav-Kav" can be recharged up to 8 contracts.
What types of contracts exist?
- Free monthly / "Flexible 30" (subscription drive zones) - subscription for free travel valid for a calendar month (from the first to the end of the month) and can be purchased starting 25th of the Month.
- Free Weekly / "flexible 7" (subscription drive zones) - subscription for a free travel valid one week from the date of purchase.
- Free Daily (subscription drive zones) - free subscription valid for travel only on the acquisition day, since the beginning of the service until the end of service in that day is included in the subscription.
- "Studan" annual and semester's – for students.
• Aggregated Value - the amount of money loaded on the "Rav-Kav" desired by the traveler and according to the traveler profile.
What is an aggregated Value?
Answer: "Rav-Kav" which is loaded amount of money and discharged for every ride, the "Rav-Kav" can be loaded with 30 NIS, 50 NIS, 100 NIS, 150 NIS, 200 NIS only, like that you can enjoy a bus ride without a need to carry any cash in your pocket. With aggregated value you get 20% discount for all normal passengers or assumptions specified for each profile (like a tab). Aggregated value are valid to travel around to all the different codes and are not limited in time.
You pay full regular price and discounts are given at the charging time.
You can recharge the "Rav-Kav" card on issuance and service stations, cash or credit card.
What to do in case of theft, loss or breakdown?
Answer: You should go directly to one of the service positions in any public transport operator. Customer identification will be using ID number, passport or driving license only.
There is a fee of 10.00 NIS for issuing a new card in case of lost of a card.
Additional information can be found on the general information page about the "Rav-Kav" on this site.