Thank you! Your submission has been received!

Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form :(

Dan Public Transportation
About Dan
Information for passengers

Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

 Frequently asked questions (FAQ).

Bus ride Who is entitled for discounts in bus fares?

Answer: Below is a list of discounts according to the law on public transport:

  • Senior Citizen: legally entitled to a discount of 50% on all means of public transport ticketing.
  • Teenagers: receive a discount of 50%, subject to the conditions of eligibility of the legislature.
  • Social Security: receive a discount of 33%, subject to the conditions of eligibility of the legislature.
  • Students: are entitled to a discount of 33%. With an annual subscription or a semester are eligible for a 50% reduction on tickets.
  • Blind passengers are entitled to full exemption from fare on all codes of fares and on all lines of buses and train.

  • Assistant for blind passenger is entitled to a discount rate of 50% on a single card on all codes of fares and on all lines of buses and train.

  • Volunteers of alternative civilian service, soldiers Shalat (service without salary) and cadets of pre-military academies are entitled to full exemption from fare on all lines of public transportation (except the lines to Eilat).


At what age there is a duty to pay?

Answer: according to the Department of Transportation guidelines, a child up to age 5 is not required to pay. An adult traveling with two children under the age of 5, needs one ticket for himself, and another ticket for the two children.

How to issue a certificate of eligibility?

Answer: The Department of Transportation sends the certificate automatically to if you’re entitled, according to the list transferred from the Social Security. If the certificate is lost or needs renewal contact phone 1-222-56-78 or write to the public Traffic Controller, Hamelacha 8, PO Box 57109, Tel Aviv 61570. Tickets with discounts to those entitled upon presentation of a certificate entitlement to the driver or to the ticket office.

Must the bus driver to respect every banknote?

Answer: According to section 434 (b) of the traffic laws, drivers must take a passenger suggesting banknote that doesn’t exceed the value fare multiplied by ten. That is, regular passenger departure fees 5.90, drivers must receive up to 59 shekels.


What must not get on the bus?

Answer: Do not abroad the bus with anything that might stain or harm a person or his clothing or distributor bad odors, explosives and loaded weapons.

Can I get on the bus with a bike or a surfboard?

Answer: You can take a bike or a surfboard in the baggage and only if they is empty space available.

Can I get an animal to the bus?

Answer: You can bring small pets if they are tied and equipped with mouth barrier, resting on your lap or held in your hands so that they can’t harm or harass the passengers. Larger animals can drive only when associated with a mouth barrier and pay full ticket normal urban driving. Driving more expensive rides the price for the animal is reduced 50%. But not less than the local transportation ticket price. Blind traveler is permitted to take a guide dog with no additional charge.

Can I bring luggage on the bus?

Answer: The passenger is entitled to take his hand luggage at no additional charge, provided that does not cause disturbance or damage to the passengers on the bus. Large bags and suitcases are allowed in the cargo cells. The following are the types of luggage allowed free of charge:

  • Bag and suitcase, provided that does not injure or disturb passengers.
  • Stroller folded and / or folded wheelchair (Driver may refuse to take because of density).
  • All cargo such as musical instruments, package, box, bag and so on, As long as they do not interfere with passengers, inside the luggage carrier and not in the entrances.
  • Narrow cargo (a wooden rod, cylinder drawings) which is no longer than a meter.


Which bus lines are suited to disabled passengers?

Answer: From January 2015 all the lines defined as urban lines are accessible lines.

Do Strollers need to pay?

Answer: according to the Department of Transportation guidelines, you can abroad with a stroller open free of charge throughout the day. In addition Folded trolley is also not required to pay at all times.

Is it possible to print a schedule of specific line?

Answer: In the web site under time tables you can choose specific line and print the time table for the same day.

Rav-Kav card Rav-Kav: Where can I use it? Where to issue? What happens if the gets lost?

Answer: The answers to these questions and more multi-line on the smart card database.

Studan ticket

what is a Studan ticket?

Answer: The Studan is alleged contract multi-line card. Studant is designed for one semester or for the whole academic year. Studan prices are set by the Ministry of Transport and discount card usually reaches 50% of the normal fares! The card is intended for students in academic institutions recognized by the Council for Higher Education (CHE) and subject to the instructions of the Ministry of Transport.

which approvals are needed to purchase a student card?

Answer: The necessary approvals for the issue: 1. valid student ID and \ or studies permit for the academic year at an accredited institution. 2. ID. 3. The student will fill the position of issuance personal information form. Make sure that the academic institution you attend is recognized by the Ministry of Transport and the Council for Higher Education.

What happens to the Studan Rav-Kav after the academic course ends?

Answer: Your card stays yours! Rav-Kav is a reusable card, if you chose not to continue to recharge the Multi-line Studan you can keep the card and load it according to the types of discounts you’re entitled to.

Is it possible to upgrade the “Studan”?

Answer: You can upgrade card for the first semester to an annual ticket. 

Are you eligible for a Studan?

Answer: All students registered to recognized eligible institution by the Higher Education Council, and subject to the instructions of the Ministry of Transport.